Breast Cancer Awareness Month - Tying it with Life Insurance
Did you know that October is Breast Cancer Awareness month? Are you wondering if you can obtain a life insurance policy after having treatment for breast cancer? The good news is you may qualify for a life insurance policy after being treated for breast cancer.
At Pivot, we use several life insurance carriers in order to bring you the best underwriting class and rates in the insurance industry. In order to determine eligibility for life insurance for a breast cancer survivor, the insurance carrier will need to know the following:
- Your age
- The date of diagnosis
- Grade and stage of tumor
- Date of treatments and types of treatment (chemotherapy, radiation, surgery)
- Any metastasis involved
- Time since last treatment ended
- Current medications
- Date of most recent follow-up
- Contact information for your physician’s
Are you a breast cancer survivor? Do you have a friend or family member who had treatment for breast cancer? Surviving breast cancer is cause for celebration! Both my stepmother and my aunt are breast cancer survivors. I plan to wear pink and support an event in their honor, after all it is Breast Cancer Awareness month!
According to the American Cancer Society (http://www.cancer.org/):
- It is estimated about 232,670 new cases of invasive breast cancer will be diagnosed in women in 2014.
- About 40,000 women will die from breast cancer this year.
- Breast cancer is the second leading cause of cancer death in women, exceeded only by lung cancer.
- At this time, there are more than 2.8 million breast cancer survivors in the United States.
There are many ways to bring awareness to breast cancer in the month of October. Will you participate in a walk/run, make a donation, or wear a pink ribbon in honor of a loved one?
About the author: Teri Costen has been in the life insurance business for over 20 years. She is a mother of three who enjoys working out, taking aerobic kickboxing classes, and making stained glass. Teri believes that finding the right life insurance policy helps protect your family and loved ones. You can contact Teri at 1-800-651-1953 or TCosten@Pivot.com.