Term Life Insurance - An Act of Kindness for Your Family
Term life insurance policies provide protection for your family and loved ones. One way to think about term life insurance is that you are demonstrating an act of kindness. So in addition to purchasing term life insurance here are some of my ideas for random acts of kindness:
1. Purchase a whole life insurance policy for your child. The child could keep the policy for the rest of their life if they wished to. It will also build cash value over time and in the future your child could take a loan from the policy if needed.
2. Here’s something I have done in the past after reading about other people doing this. When you are picking up your morning coffee at the drive through window pay for the person’s coffee in line behind you! It’s a great way to kick off someone’s day in a positive way!
3. If you are out for a meal and have experienced great service instead of just giving the normal percentage for a tip on a restaurant bill give an extra boost to that tip with an amount you feel comfortable with.
4. Just because it’s not the holidays does not mean stores still don’t have items people have put on lay away. If you are in a store and notice the lay away section has some items, see if there is one you can afford to pay off for somebody.
5. Check with one of your favorite charities to see what types of products they need. While money is always a great thing to give, most organizations will have a wish list of different types of products they are in need of on their web site. You can purchase some of those products and send them a care package!
6. Don’t forget our military personnel. There are many men and women on active duty, active combat duty and veterans. Do a search on the internet for programs to help send cards or products to the troops and veterans as a way of saying thanks. I know that when I fly and I’m in the airport gift shop, they always have a basket of books, magazines, candy, etc. that you can purchase from and they ship those products to our troops.
About the author: Dan Cody has been in the life insurance business for over 7 years. He loves playing a variety of instruments including the guitar, bass, drums, and piano. He also supports cancer research foundations and volunteers at local pet shelters. Dan enjoys helping customers understand life insurance, so they can find a solid policy that fits their needs. You can reach Dan at 1-800-651-1953 or DCody@Pivot.com.