MetLife Insurance - A Carrier Profile
Because term life insurance is very important for many people it’s also important to know about the life insurance company you are applying with. At Pivot, we run quotes through well known, highly rated insurance carriers. For a detailed list of those life insurance carriers you can visit our Life Insurance Carrier center. You will find MetLife is one of our carriers. I’d like to hi-light a few interesting facts about MetLife.
- Did you know that MetLife Insurance Company, founded in 1868, had its origins beginning in 1863 as the National Union Life and Limb Insurance Company? The company began business in July 1864 insuring Civil War sailors and soldiers against wartime-related disabilities.” (Source: MetLife.com)
- Did you know? That MetLife has a history of helping people? Not only is it a business selling insurance policies, but MetLife has a very interesting place in the history of the fight against Tuberculosis. MetLife hired a social worker in 1909 by the name of Lee Frankel who had a history of work in the prevention of tuberculosis. “Frankel’s early work centered on the prevention of tuberculosis, the 'white plague' responsible for 20 percent of all death claims. Public education was the key. In 1909, 10,000 MetLife agents delivered Frankel's pamphlet 'A War Upon Consumption' to millions of urban poor, who were most at risk for tuberculosis. This document was the first of an ongoing series of MetLife health publications; by 1929, the company was distributing more than 50 million such brochures and pamphlets a year.” (Source: MetLife.com)
- Did you know the MetLife blimps that you see on TV and at sporting events are named Snoopy 1 and Snoopy 2? Talk about having a recognizable mascot! Snoopy and the Peanuts gang are seen in many commercials for MetLife insurance products.
- Did you know that the Metlife Insurance Company provides insurance products in the Americas, Asia, Europe, Middle East and Africa? That’s an impressive global reach. As you are shopping here in the U.S. for term life insurance, reading up on insurance companies and gathering quotes…just think that someone on the other side of the world is doing the exact same research and quote gathering!
- Did you know that MetLife has an extensive ratings page on their website? You can see ratings for MetLife and their other subsidiary companies under the MetLife umbrella. This is a great resource to gauge the strength and performance of MetLife through the 4 well-known rating agencies which are: A.M. Best Company, Fitch Ratings, Moody’s Investor Service and Standard & Poor’s. You can see their most recent ratings, by visiting this link: https://www.metlife.com/about/corporate-profile/ratings/index.html?WT.ac=GN_about_corporate-profile_ratings
There are many options for term life insurance today and yes, I think it’s safe to say most of us want the lowest rates we can find. But don’t forget about looking up information on the company you are applying with or companies you are gathering quotes from. It’s important to know about the life insurance company you may purchase a policy from and it’s always great to know some history and background on them as well. So take some time and do research as you shop for term life insurance.
At Pivot we make insurance simple. I’ll help you determine how much term life insurance you should consider and provide you with a free no-obligation quote. I will also explain the process to apply, as well as, help you through that application process.
About the author: Dan Cody has been in the life insurance business for over 7 years. He loves playing a variety of instruments including the guitar, bass, drums, and piano. He also supports cancer research foundations and volunteers at local pet shelters. Dan enjoys helping customers understand life insurance, so they can find a solid policy that fits their needs. You can reach Dan at 1-800-651-1953 or DCody@Pivot.com.