Fun Things To Do In The Fall Time
The leaves are changing, and the cooler weather has officially arrived. As the kids start to get settled into their new classrooms and TV commercials gradually start to take on the tone of the upcoming holiday season, make sure you take advantage of some of the fun activities that are perfect for this time of year. Here are a few simple suggestions:
- Visit a Pumpkin Patch. Autumn is the time when all things orange start becoming perfect for picking. Visiting a pumpkin patch can be fun all by itself, but with the fruits of your labor, you can make many more memories when you get home. Show your creativity by carving crazy faces or stay on the safer side by painting interesting designs on your freshly-picked pumpkins. Don't throw the seeds away. You can roast them, and make a snack that's easy to take with you wherever you go.
- Pick Apples. This fall-time fruit is ripe and ready this time of year. Sure, you could make some good old American apple pie, but there are dozens of other interesting things that you can do with this fruit, too. Need a little direction? Check out Foodnetwork.com for plenty of easy-to-do ideas like apple cider, scary apple mouths, and homemade apple sauce.
- Tailgate. You don't have to head to a stadium parking lot to have a great time. Pick a Saturday or Sunday, and invite the neighbors to bring a potluck dish. This is a fantastic way to get to know the folks in your community, while you take in these precious sunny days.
- Take to the Hills. As the trees start to turn vibrant colors of orange, red, and yellow, take advantage of a car ride, hike, or biking adventure so that you can be right in the middle of this seasonal spectacle.
- Find a Bonfire. If you can build a fire at your home, have some friends over and toast some marshmallows. If you're not able to build a bonfire on your own property, don't fret. This time of year, farms, orchids, and pumpkin patches often host bonfires where you can meet a few new people and maybe tell a few ghost stories, too.
Did this spark some ideas of your own? Make a list, and get to work checking off your fun fall time activities.
- Do Something New. Have you been wanting to try yoga or visit that new restaurant down the block? Do you want to start blogging or learn to play the guitar? As one season fades into the next, take the opportunity to find something new to do, and pursue your passions!
About the author: Seth Gowdy is the Sales Manager for Pivot Insurance and holds multiple insurance and securities' licenses. He has been part of the financial services industry for nearly 20 years. In his free time he enjoys being outdoors fishing, hiking, and geocaching with his wife and two children. Seth most enjoys helping clients with Pivot’s customized process and needs' calculators. You can reach Seth at 1-800-651-1953 or email@example.com.
Try our FREE anonymous life insurance quote tool today and experience the Pivot difference.